[R] Packaging Error

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 16:35:39 CEST 2012

On 27/06/2012 15:17, Mayank Bansal wrote:
> It would be difficult for me to give the package.

Then, following the posting guide, you need to find an example you can give.

> Can you explain me what does this error
> "/usr/lib/R/bin/INSTALL: line 34: 9964 Done echo 'tools:::.install_packages()' 9965 Segmentation fault | R_DEFAULT_PACKAGES= LC_COLLATE=C "${R_HOME}/bin/R" $myArgs --slave --args ${args}"
> generally mean.
> The point is the package compiles normally, if I set ByteCompile to FALSE. Could this be some bug in R or my fault?

It means a bug in your R package or your installation.

If your package contains compiled code then it could well be the cause.
  If not, then R should not segfault with reasonable input, but when it
does the cause is quite often the compiler or OS ... we simply do not
know and you are not helping us in the way you were asked to in the
posting guide.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk