[R] weighted logistic regression

Katherine Nishimura knishimura at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:50:27 CEST 2012

I have an epidemiologic dataset and want to do a weighted logistic
regression.  I have a continuous exposure variable and I want to see
if it is associated with a binary outcome.  The accuracy of the
exposure value is highly variable and I want the logistic regression
to assign greater weight/importance to exposure values that are highly
accurate, and lower weight to exposure values that are less accurate
(there is a third variable which specifies the quality of the exposure
value).  Is the "weights" argument for the "glm" command appropriate
for this?
Thanks,
Katie