[R] rgdal package load problem

BHorn bxhorn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 20:11:57 CEST 2012

I am having trouble getting the rgal package to work on Mac OS X.  I suspect
it has something to do with the link between the rgal package and the
associated programs  GDAL and PROJ4.  Here is the message I get when I
attempt to load rgal

> library("rgdal")
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rgdal/libs/x86_64/rgdal.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rgdal/libs/x86_64/rgdal.so,
6): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/UnixImageIO.framework/Versions/D/UnixImageIO
  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework/Versions/3/SQLite3
  Reason: image not found
Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘rgdal’

Any help is appreciated