[R] Distribution and location scale family

Noor.v.d.Assem noor.v.d.assem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:10:03 CEST 2012

Hi,

For some dataset I have made a histogram, boxplot en qqplot.
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4634093/Naamloos.jpg

Investigate the data with the given functions for making QQ-plots and find
an appropriate location-scale family for the underlying distribution of this
sample. Apart from giving a proper location-scale  family, also specify the
member of the location-scale family that is most close to the underlying
distribution of the data, in other words, give estimates for the location
and scale of the underlying distribution of the data.

I think it is from a t-distribution because the qqplot has some slight
tails.

Please some guidance in the right direction: how can I obtain the location,
scale and underlying distribution?
(I am not looking for answering the question but more in general information
about to obtain location, scale and underlying distribution so I can apply
that information myself to answer the questin)

Noor