[R] Problem with predict?

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Wed Jun 20 17:56:23 CEST 2012

Hi

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to fit a model to some "death over time" data that does not
> fit the criteria for the usual LD50 type models (the counts are too
> large). I am using a simple linear model in an attempt to plot a nice
line
> on a scatter plot and calculate some LD values to use in designing an
> experiment. Here is the basic idea of what I'm doing:
>

> head(mort)
>
> Time    Density
> 0        2233333333
> 0        2100000000
> 0        1933333333
> 5        1900000000
> 5        1433333333
> 5         900000000
>

> plot(Density~Time)
>
> This plots something that looks a lot like a decay rate
>
> mod<-lm(log(Density)~Time)
>
> xv<-seq(0,60,0.1)
> yv<-exp(predict(mod,list(time=xv)))

>From help page

Usage
## S3 method for class 'lm'
predict(object, newdata, se.fit = FALSE, scale = NULL, df = Inf,
        interval = c("none", "confidence", "prediction"),
        level = 0.95, type = c("response", "terms"),
        terms = NULL, na.action = na.pass,
        pred.var = res.var/weights, weights = 1, ...)

Arguments
object Object of class inheriting from "lm"

newdata An optional data frame in which to look for variables with which
to predict. If omitted, the fitted values are used.

yv<-exp(predict(mod, data.frame(time=xv)))

shall work.

Regards
Petr