[R] exact relative positioning of lattice plots

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:31:26 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM, John G. Bullock <john.bullock at yale.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two lattice plots for which panel.height is fixed.  I am trying to position them
> in a column so that there is exactly half an inch of vertical space between them.
> This would be a simple task if I were not fixing panel.height.  But given that I am,
> I can't find a way to put exactly half an inch of space between the plots.  Is there a way?

In your actual use case, are there any annotations outside the panel
(tick marks, labels, etc.)? Things would be much simpler if not (as in
your example). In that case, just call the suitable panel function
after setting up the proper axis limits (after doing pushViewport or
seekViewport or whatever).

If you do have extra annotation, you need to decide how much space
they should have.

-Deepayan