[R] FW: Multivariate Normal and loops

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:14:41 CEST 2012

It's requested to cc the list on our back-and-forths so that i) you
can get help faster (I was moving all yesterday and it's a Hallmark
holiday in the US today) since others may respond; ii) others can
benefit by reading the archives.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Giulia Motta <letamotta at hotmail.com> wrote:

> the problem is that i want to do something like
> http://www.eco.uc3m.es/~jgonzalo/teaching/PhDTimeSeries/gonzalojec94.pdf in
> page 13
> with theta= 0.5, sigma = 0.5, a1=0 a2=-1 beta= 1
> and so i have to give a name (ewt, ezt) at the erratic component of my
> multivariate normal
> ________________________________
> From: letamotta at hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: [R] Multivariate Normal and loops
> Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:03:25 +0000
>

> I'm very grateful to you!
> But i'm wondering how i can do this, creating a matrix in which i can
> numerate every element?
> I don't know if i'm clear (probably not).
> Thank you very much

Unfortunately, I'm not totally clear as to what you are looking for
here. You can add row and column names (labels) with code like

rownames(A) <- c("a","cat","dog")

and then subscript appropriately:

A["cat",]

will pull out all columns (the empty index after the comma) in the row
labelled "cat". This is all documented in the manual I suggested to
you.

If there's something else you mean, try being a little clearer (using
examples from other programming languages if you know them is always
good) and we'll see what we can do.

Best,
Michael