[R] Loop Help

@ngel aggelopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:41:14 CEST 2012

Hello all,
I'm new here and new to R, but I have to admit I'm learning rather fast.
Right now I need to write a loop, and I don't seem to think I'm doing it
properly, judging by the errors I get! What I need to do is to insert my
data (csv-table) into a variable, and take snapshots of my data (it's
longtitudinal) and they 'play' with the snapshot. To give you an example:

# I Load tnet the library I need
library(tnet)

# I Load my data
net <- read.table("data.txt")

# Check if net is tnet
net <- as.tnet(net, type="longitudinal tnet")

# And slice the data getting new variables for every day
net.101031 <- as.static.tnet(net[net[,"t"]<=as.POSIXlt("2010-10-31
00:00:00"),])

# Then get the degree of the sliced network
degree_w(net.101031)

# and the mean of each column in the data.frame
apply(net.101031, 2, mean)

Now the problem is that there are way too many "days" to do it manually and
I need to wrap this part:

net.101031 <- as.static.tnet(net[net[,"t"]<=as.POSIXlt("2010-10-31
00:00:00"),])
degree_w(net.101031)
apply(net.101031, 2, mean)

in a loop, and print the results. But...
Can someone please help me...????
Thank you so much in advance!