[R] DEoptim example illustrating use of fnMap parameter for enforcement of cardinality constraints

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 03:29:06 CEST 2012

Hi David,

I apologize for the lack of documentation.  I added it quickly and
didn't have adequate time to document it.

The function below works with the objective function in the
"Large-scale portfolio optimization with DEoptim" vignette.
Also, I just committed the full example
(pkg/DEoptim/sandbox/slimLargeN_map.R) to the DEoptim repository on
R-forge: https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/deoptim/

mappingFun <- function(x) {
  x[which(order(x) < 6)] <- 0
  x <- round(x,2) # produce some dups
  x/sum(x)
}
set.seed(1234)
out <- DEoptim(fn=obj, lower=lower,
  upper=upper, control=controlDE, fnMap=mappingFun)

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com