[R] R <--> JVM

ANGELO.LINARDI at bancaditalia.it ANGELO.LINARDI at bancaditalia.it
Fri Jun 15 18:03:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

first of all thanks to both of you for your fast response.
Going back to Michael's wonderful ASCII art masterpiece, what we have now is something like this:

-------  JVM -----------

   ----  JAVA  ----

          JDBC

        Algorithm

    ---- JAVA ----
-------  JVM -----------

           RNI

What we want is something like the following (on the same virtual machine):

-------  JVM1 -----------			-------  JVM2 -----------

   ----  JAVA  ----				----  JAVA  ----

          JDBC						JDBC
               |						|
               |						|
        Algorithm					Algorithm
               |						|
              |						|
           RNI					     RNI
              |						|

My question is: is that possible ? How can I address R(1) from JVM1 and R(2) from JVM2 ? Is data calculated in R(1) and R(2) completely independent or the 2 instances "share" something in memory ?
Thanks again for you kindness and help.

Angelo