[R] how to add a vertical line for each panel in a lattice dotplot with log scale?

maxbre mbressan at arpa.veneto.it
Fri Jun 15 12:13:55 CEST 2012

Thanks a lot, Deepayan!

What a great honour hearing from you inside this thread!

Now, at last, I understand where MY problem was
(but please, don’t laugh – too loudly at least – and, first of all, sorry
for that!)

this was my “poor” wrong attempt (but I did not post this)

means<-mean(exp(x))
panel.abline(v=log10(means), col.line="blue", lty="dotted")

instead of the correct one…

means<-mean(10^x)
panel.abline(v=log10(means), col.line="blue", lty="dotted")

so, I was using the exponential function exp(), e^x, instead of 10^x
…poor me!

And all that because I simply overlooked the fact that in

scales=list(x=list(log=TRUE))

TRUE is equivalent to 10, as clearly stated in the on-line help!!

…poor me, again!

thank you

max