[R] side by side symmetric heatmap

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 22:50:57 CEST 2012

On Jun 13, 2012, at 4:37 PM, Tanu Soni wrote:

> I am trying to plot two heatmaps on same page .
>
> I am using heatmap() so that i can draw symmetrical heatmap  but
> par() does
> not work with heatmap .

Not exactly true or, at the very least, misleading.

> Is there a way to plot two symmetrical heatmaps on same page.

The help for heatmap _should_ be read:

"heatmap() uses layout and draws the image in the lower right corner
of a 2x2 layout. Consequentially, it can not be used in a multi column/
row layout, i.e., when par(mfrow= *) or (mfcol= *) has been called."

You are, of course, free to look at the code for heatmap() and modify
it to suit your purposes. Or perhaps use image().

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT