[R] phyloclim help

Brent Hendrixson behendrixson at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:55:54 CEST 2012

Hi all –

I am a newbie to R and have had a terrible time trying to figure out how to set up an analysis.  I have installed and loaded the appropriate package (phyloclim), but I do not even know where to begin defining one of the arguments.

The usage for the command I’m trying to perform is:

niche.equivalency.test(spec, n, maxent, mx = 2000)

where the argument…

maxent     is a list containing the location of the MAXENT application and its input files (see below)

>From what I have gathered, the maxent argument is a list of four elements:

app              the path to the MAXENT application (MAXENT is a JAVA program)

samples          the path to a SWD-formatted file with sample points (e.g., samples.csv)

background       the path to a SWD-formatted file with background points (e.g., background.csv)

projections      the path to a folder containing environmental GIS layers to be used for projection of the MAXENT models

Suppose all of these files are placed into the directory “C:\Users\hendrb\Desktop\Niche_Overlap”.  Can anyone show me the syntax for
setting up the maxent argument?

I sincerely appreciate any help you can provide.

Regards,

Brent