[R] Building normal qq plot

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Wed Jun 13 15:04:44 CEST 2012

> I have tried to build a normal qq plot on my own,
> but it does not match with the implemented  qqnorm in R.
>
> The main issue is, that I would like to change the backgorund
> color auf my plot  ...

One thing you could try is setting the background colour using bar(bg="lightyellow") before calling qqnorm

If you want to know what qqnorm is doing in some detail, type
> qqnorm.default
at the command line (_wthout_ brackets) and inspect the code.

Two reasons for doing that. One is that you will find that it uses ppoints to generate its probability points, and it is that that you need to match. So you could use ppoints directly (in the same manner as qqnorm) to calculate your locations.
The other reason is that you can now copy the code, paste it into an editor, call it my.qqnorm,  add the background code you want, paste it back into R and run it instead of qqnorm.

S Ellison