[R] Validation of R script when changing R version

Bart Joosen bartjoosen at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:53:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

a few years ago I wrote a script which grabs a .csv file and transforms this
in a (beautifull) MS Word document, with all the calculations and plots
required.
All calculations in the report were verified manually against some datasets
with known results to validate the use of the script, as this is required
before we may use the script.
Now we want to upgrade to R 2.15, but my script was validated under R 2.11.

If my function would return just a dataset with some values, it would be
easy to compare between both versions, but not when I have to read about 100
pages in a word document to check everything.

How does one deal with this kind of situation?
Or if it's not possible, how to avoid this kind of problems when output in
MS Word is required?

Thanks

Bart