[R] sampling weights for multilevel models

Tamara petrova.toma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:00:09 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I am struggling with a problem which I have been reading on the forums about
and it did not seem to me that there is a precise answer to my question.
However, I still hope there is one.

I am working with  http://timss.bc.edu/ PIRLS   data and trying to conduct
multilevel analysis. There are different weights for each level of analysis
in the PIRLS dataset (e.g.  there is a school weight, class weight, student
weight).
Is there a function in R which would let me use different weights for
different levels of my model?
If yes, which package contains it?

I would be very grateful for any help!