[R] caret: compare linear models of different degree

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Sat Jun 9 18:09:44 CEST 2012

Max, thanks for your answer!
> predict.train() will handle the formulas. If you want to compare the
> models in terms of their predictive performance, set the seeds prior
> to running the model. This will ensure that the same resampling
> indices are used in train(). If you do this, the resamples() function
> can be used to make formal comparisons between the models:

I think I did not express my question in the right way: I want to use
the extractPrediction function because I want to plot some stats using
the plotObsVsPred method. As stated in my previous mail, the
extractPrediction method does not work if the formula is changed.

Perhaps my question now got clearer.

Thanks again!

--
Dominik Bruhn