[R] extracting values from txt file that follow user-supplied quote

emorway emorway at usgs.gov
Wed Jun 6 18:54:15 CEST 2012

useRs-

I'm attempting to scan a more than 1Gb text file and read and store the
values that follow a specific key-phrase that is repeated multiple time
throughout the file.  A snippet of the text file I'm trying to read is
attached.  The text file is a dumping ground for various aspects of the
performance of the model that generates it.  Thus, the location of
information I'm wanting to extract from the file is not in a fixed position
(i.e. it does not always appears in a predictable location, like line 1000,