Re: [R] Read txt File contains character ""

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Tue Jun 5 13:29:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

Yes, there are ways for R to handle it. You could use readChar/writeChar
after openning the file in binary mode.
Something like,

len <- file.info("test.txt")$size
#len
fc <- file("test.txt", open="rb")
s <- readChar(fc, nchars=len, useBytes = TRUE)
close(fc)
#grep("\032", s)
s <- gsub("\032", " ", s)

"test.txt" is the file I created with the ctrl-z.
Then open="wb"/writeChar with useBytes set to TRUE.

Rui Barradas