[R] Math labels in .eps files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 11:51:58 CEST 2012

On 04/06/2012 17:25, Fredrik Karlsson wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have non-ascii labels that I want to include somethow in a .eps file for
> inclusion into a LateX document. Is this possible?
>
> What I see is that the (attached)  png file looks ok but the .eps renders
> all non-ascii labels at the bottom as [..].
>

> I've searched around enough to learn that including math labels in a .eps
> is a problem. Hower, is there a solution too somewhere?

I don't think it is a problem: see ?plotmath.  But the problem here is
that you seem to want glyphs not in the plotmath set.

You have neither told us your platform nor the R code you used (as
requested in the posting guide), so we cannot reproduce this.  But see
?postscript and its section 'Encodings'.  You need to specify a
PostScript encoding which contains your glyphs ... if there is one.
Note too

See Also:

      ‘cairo_ps’ for another device that can produce PostScript.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk