[R] get index of current element in vector

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Mon Jun 4 23:48:35 CEST 2012

Hello,

Just learning the alphabet? If yes, there's a difference between 'v' and
'a'.

Now more seriously. Your description and your loop don't do the same.

vm <- scalar * v * seq_along(v)

Loop:
a <- scalar * a

Also, seq_along is the way to do it, it works even if length(a) == 0.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas