[R] Partial R-square in multiple linear regression

Jin Choi oohpsjin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:05:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to obtain the partial r-square values (r^2 or R2) for
individual predictors of an outcome variable in multiple linear
regression. I am using the 'lm' function to calculate the beta
coefficients, however, I would like to know the individual %
contributions of several indepenent variables. I tried searching for
this function in many R packages, but it has proven elusive to me. I
am an R beginner, and I am hoping that I will find a solution!

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Jin Choi
MSc Epidemiology student
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA