[R] R as a shared library only

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Fri Jun 1 10:23:32 CEST 2012

Hello, I know how to embed R in other applications by linking my applications
to the R.dll shared library. For example I can use R from within a Lisp
program by having the foreign function interface in lisp connect directly to
R.dll lib. However I still need all R (the other libs and supporting
components) to be installed on the PC for the connection to work. I was
wondering however if it's at all possible to have an "R-shared-lib" as a
standalone, meaning if one has to use the Lisp to R link, one would only
need his lisp application and that (yet non-existant) "R-shared-lib" but
without R being installed as a whole on the PC?
Thanks.