[R] fractal package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 04:32:46 CEST 2012

On Jul 29, 2012, at 11:26 PM, mary Joy Regidor wrote:

> Greetings of Peace!
>
> I am new in R software. I want to use the correlation dimension
> corrDim in computing a map. I have installed the packages(fractal)
> in R. Now my problem is this, when I tried your example in the
> following site http://rgm2.lab.nig.ac.jp/RGM2/func.php?rd_id=fractal:corrDim

I'm not sure what group of "we" or "your" you are talking about. That
is a website that doesn't have any formal connection to Rhelp or CRAN,
although it is a great resource for which I am grateful.

>> library(fractal)
>> png(filename="corrDim_%03d_med.png", width=480, height=480)
>> beam.d2 <- corrDim(beamchaos, olag=10, dim=10, res=4)

> Warning messages:
> 1: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 2: In any(diff(x)) :
> coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 3: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 4: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 5: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 6: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 7: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 8: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 9: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
> 10: In any(diff(x)) : coercing argument of type 'double' to logical
>   I cannot proceed because of the warning messages appeared. Is my
> installation correct?

Warnings are not the same as errors. You have not explained why a
warning is preventing anything.

--
David.