[R] Latest version of R on Ubuntu

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 02:20:25 CEST 2012

I am a newbie when it comes to Ubuntu having "grown up" on Windows
using R.  I installed 12.04 on a laptop and it went fine.  When I went
out to CRAN and followed the directions (hopefully) to install R,
seems to have gone fine, except that when I start R I get 2.14.1:

jim at jim-winbook:~$ R

R version 2.14.1 (2011-12-22)
Copyright (C) 2011 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit)

How do I get the latest version (2.15.1) installed on Ubuntu?

--
Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru