[R] Accents and special character using hwriter (on Windows)

ramonovelar ramon.ovelar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:11:05 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a problem with special characters such as "í" or "ñ" when using
hwriter. This only happens when I use windows, it works fine on mac. If I
do:

print(datosdv)
"Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas n:74 | 33.94%"

but:

hwrite(datosdv, p, br=TRUE)
"Ciencias Sociales y Jur�dicas n:74 | 33.94%"

The bad sign is in the code, is not a problem of the encoding of the html
page, that is in UTF-8.

Does anybody have found this? Many thanks in advance.
Ramón