[R] Turning off continuation prompt?

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at wlandres.net
Mon Jul 30 10:58:09 CEST 2012

Greetings All.
My apologies for a question whose answer is probably
readily available somewhere (for some interpetation
of "somewhere") ...

Say I have just typed (from a sheet of paper) several
lines into the R command-line, and what I see is:

> chisq.test(matrix(c(3,6,3,4,4,
+                     4,1,4,6,5,
+                     2,7,4,2,5,
+                     8,2,4,4,2,
+                     3,4,5,4,4),ncol=5))

Later, I find that would like to re-input the data part
of this command ("matrix(c(...)...)"). Without the "+"
continuation prompts, it would be easy to do this by
copy&paste with the mouse in one operation. With the "+"
marks there, I have to do the copy&paste for each separate line.

So is there a way to suppress the output of the "+" at the
beginning of each continuation line?

(The above is one of the smaller examples of this situation;
sometimes I have wished to do this for commands extending over,
say, 15-20 lines).

With thanks,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding at wlandres.net>