[R] "metafor" package, proportions: single groups wrt to a categorical dependent variable

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 15:25:08 CEST 2012

At 01:44 28/07/2012, Dushanthi Pinnaduwage wrote:

>Dear all, I am using R version 2.15.0 and 'metafor' package version
>1.6-0. Can this version of the package handle proportions from
>a  categorical dependent variable for single studies?If so how do I
>set up my dataframe for the raw data from different studies? Also
>how do I give inputs, specially xi, mi (or ni) to the function
>escalc()? Thanks,Dushanthi

You do not give us very much to go on here. When you say your outcome
is proportions do you mean your outcome has more than two values and
you are generating (or have been provided with) several proportions
for each study or do you mean it is a binary variable? If the latter
do you in fact have the numerators and denominators or just the
proportion? It would also help if you showed us the code you have
tried and the error message you got (if any) or told us the
discrepancy between the output you obtained and that which you expected.

>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael Dewey
info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html