[R] On Reproducible Code

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Fri Jul 27 19:47:45 CEST 2012

That assumes:

* Everyone reads the mailing list before making the first posting

* Everyone reads every part of every email.

I'd argue that both assumptions are false. People are particular well
trained to skip over boilerplate text at the bottom of emails.

I'd suggest an alternative approach is for experts to remember what
it's like to be a novice, and cultivate an attitude of patience and
tolerance.  That's about as likely to happen as a mass change in
behaviour in new users.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/