[R] RGL

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 10:14:25 CEST 2012

On Jul 27, 2012, at 03:48 , David Winsemius wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2012, at 4:46 AM, Guillaume Meurice wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I was willing to use the library "rgl" to plot some 3D graphics, but unfortunately, I wan't able to instal the library. The error message is below.
>>
>> I would be very grateful if you could give me any clues about how I can solve this.
>>

>> Below you will find :
>> - installation from binaries
>> - installation from sources
>> - sessionInfo()
>>

> The error messages in the"sources" install dialog suggests a problem with your system installation of freetype. I was running rgl v0.92.861 on Leopard without problems. I just tried installing the current version offered to the GUI installer, v0.92.880, restarting and got an error on attempting to load while in version 2.14.2,
>
> After updating R to the current version I am able to install rgl_0.92.892 from binary using the GUI Package Installer and then load  and run code in either R64 or 32-bit R.

[snip]

> You have a fairly full system. I wonder if you should restart and try with a few less packages?
>
> And as Duncan suggested, you _should_ be posting on the R-SIG-Mac list.

Yes. The new CRAN binaries work for me too (and are in the non-X11 version if run from the R app). For source compiles, I think you need to follow the hint about libraries for dependencies at the bottom of http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/.

I believe we have seen the R_decompress1 error before, though. If you can reproduce it, it might be worth digging deeper --- over on R-sig-Mac.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com