[R] R doesn't recognize R_HOME value

Kirk Fleming kirkrfleming at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:50:56 CEST 2012

I wanted to wrap this up, since I feel it's been resolved.

R_HOME never did need to over-ridden by me, was not being over-ridden in
spite of my attempts, and was never a factor during the long period when
'everything worked'.

In fact, my entire ordeal was caused by removing a comment from the
rprofile.site file and in so doing, accidentally removing a closing brace
from a function definition. In using a quick-and-dirty editor, this error
wasn't highlighted. Having no output from rprofile whatsoever and no errors,
I concluded it was not being run, and not being found.