[R] names function not working at the 2nd place in a program

zz czhang at uams.edu
Thu Jul 26 23:19:40 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am using names function to name an array.
It works first time when I use *as.numeric(names(myVar1)*
However, at a place later, when I tried to use a very similar line of code
*as.numeric(names(myVar2)*, it always returned 'numeric(0)' (or if I only
type 'names(myVar2), it gave me NULL'.

Both myVar1 and myVar2 are type of integer.  The only difference that I can
tell is where the names function are called in my code.

Does anyone have an idea what may cause the problem?

Thanks in advance.