[R] warning message while plotting taylor diagram

Henrik Singmann henrik.singmann at psychologie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 26 14:27:53 CEST 2012

Dear Waheed,

As you correctly inferred, these are just warnings and dont need to bother you now. The maintainer/author of the taylor.diagram function should be more worried.

These warnings just say that in upcoming versions of R the functions within taylor.diagram() will not work anymore. However, when this will happen is unclear.

Currently, everything is okay.

Best,
Henrik

Am 26.07.2012 03:46, schrieb yssp03:
> Dear all
> I am new to R and not know much about it.
> However through googling I am able to plot taylor diagram.
>
> Here is the message from R
> *> taylor.diagram(obs,M3,pos.cor=FALSE,add=FALSE,pcex=1,col="darkgreen")
> Warning messages:
> 1: sd(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use sapply(*, sd) instead.
> 2: sd(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use sapply(*, sd) instead.
> 3: mean(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use colMeans() or sapply(*, mean) instead.
> 4: mean(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use colMeans() or sapply(*, mean) instead.
> 5: mean(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use colMeans() or sapply(*, mean) instead.
> 6: mean(<data.frame>) is deprecated.
>   Use colMeans() or sapply(*, mean) instead.*
>
> I am worried about these warning messages.will this effect my taylor diagram
> or they are just warnings.
>
> Thanking you in anticipation
>

> --

Dipl. Psych. Henrik Singmann
PhD Student
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
http://www.psychologie.uni-freiburg.de/Members/singmann