[R] Problem building dll in R-2-15-1

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:25:03 CEST 2012

On Jul 24, 2012, at 20:24 , Uwe Ligges wrote:

> On 24.07.2012 13:11, Le Roux, NJ, Prof <njlr at sun.ac.za> wrote:
>>
>> I am using R-2-15-1 with latest version of RTools under Windows 7 on a 64bit machine. When trying to build a dll from a simple test program matm.f  I get the following error:
>>
>>> R CMD SHLIB matm.f
>>
>> gfortran  -O3  -mtune=core2  -c  matm.f  -o  matm.o
>>
>> f951.exe: out of memory allocating 312 bytes
>> make: *** [matm.o]  Error 1
>>
>> Can someone please help
>
> No, we do not have matm.f, so nobody here can debug your code.

Or, put differently, there's no widely known general issue of that sort on that platform, so the issue is likely that the test program is not as simple as you think.

If you suspect a compiler problem, you might try running the gfortran line by hand with simplified options, i.e.,

gfortran -c matm.f

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501