[R] marginal effect lmer

Andigo Andreas.Goldberg at unige.ch
Mon Jul 23 11:46:32 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I try to calculate and display the marginal effect(s) in a hierarchical
model using lmer. Here is my model:

m1<- lmer(vote2011~ Catholic + Attendance+ logthreshold + West +
Catholicproportion+
  (Catholic * Catholicproportion) + (Attendance*Catholicproportion) +
Catholicproportion²+ (Catholic *Catholicproportion²)+
  (Attendance* Catholicproportion²) + (1 + Attendance+ Catholic | canton),
data=dat2011, verbose = T)

I want to display the me of the individual level variable Catholic depending
on the contextual variable Catholicproportion (showing also the 95% ci). So
far I tried a bit with the "effects" package, but without success.

Does anybody know how to display that?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andigo