[R] dummy variable

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sun Jul 22 16:04:49 CEST 2012

Sara:

Are you sure?? I am wholly unfamiliar with garch, but in general, R
does not need dummy variables at all. You make your covariate a factor
with appropriate contrasts and then write an appropriate model
formula, in this case, with an interaction with your series.

I could be wrong in this case, but do check. Perhaps someone with
garch model experience will comment.

-- Bert