[R] generic functions question in building a new package

zgu9 gggzhm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:44:34 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a package 'Thiele', but run into problems with generic
functions.
I have a class "Benefit", and defined the function "print.Benefit".
When I try "R CMD check Thiele" in X11, this warning came out
-------
Functions/methods with usage in documentation object 'Benefit' but not in
code:
  print
-------
Do I need to write a new "print" Rd document into R file in that Package? If
so, how can I write it?
I read the section 7 "Generic functions and methods" in the 'Writing R
Extensions' manual. But I'm still not clear how to figure out my problem.

Thanks!
Eric