[R] Subsetting problem data

Peter Alspach Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz
Wed Jul 18 22:54:02 CEST 2012

Tena koe Lib

In case you have receive a reply to this (I didn't notice one), here is one option:

> lib
  A X1 X4 X5
1 A  2  3  3
2 A  3  4 NA
3 B  1  6  6
4 B  2 NA  6
5 C  1  6  5
6 C  3  2  2
> str(lib)
'data.frame':   6 obs. of  4 variables:
 $ A : chr  "A" "A" "B" "B" ...
 $ X1: num  2 3 1 2 1 3
 $ X4: num  3 4 6 NA 6 2
 $ X5: num  3 NA 6 6 5 2
> lib1 <- aggregate(lib[,-1], list(lib[,1]), function(x) length(x[is.na(x)])>0)
> lib1[apply(lib1[,-1], 1, sum)>0,1]

HTH ...

Peter Alspach