[R] ggplot2 qplot pch not working anymore

Stephen Sefick sas0025 at auburn.edu
Wed Jul 18 02:28:30 CEST 2012

Is there a way to use a continuous variable to pch in qplot?  I believe
this worked in previous version.  I need to specify certain values of a
shape for particular points so that multiple graphs all show the same
shapes for the same streams.  I have gone to the original data and added
a pch column that I would like to use to specify the shapes to pch in
qplot.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#example code
a <- 1:10
b <- 1:10
pch <- 1:10

q <- data.frame(a,b,pch)

qplot(a,b, pch=pch)

Many thanks,

--
Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                 -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal science."

                               -Robert Gentleman