[R] Cox proportional hazard model and coefficients

R-girl jhovinen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:20:00 CEST 2012

This is additional to the post above (which I forgot to write):

What I mean with "How to interpret the coefficients as they are very large
numbers" is that it seems to be a bit ridiculous to think that survival is
e.g. 8.815e+34 (hazard ration taken from the interaction LT:Food:Temp2)
times lower when the interaction increases by one (?).

Actually I don't know how to interpret this 3-case interaction either. Does
it mean that when all of the variables in interaction increase by one unit,
the survival decreases by the certain amount (told by the exp(coef)-value)?

This whole model-interpretation really confuses me.

The final coxph-model was received by downward-selection using
step-function.

Cheers,

R-girl