[R] Accessing coefficient values in linear regression

Peter Alspach Peter.Alspach at plantandfood.co.nz
Fri Jul 13 06:12:51 CEST 2012

Tena koe Pragya

It is advisable to use the extractor functions where they are available; i.e., coef(j) and coef(j)[1] or coef(j)['(Intercept)'] for the intercept.

However, j$coefficients["(Intercept)"] does give you what I suspect you want.  Check its structure:
str(j$coefficients["(Intercept)"])
and you'll see it is 191.9161 with a name attribute.  Thus you can use it 'for other purposes'.

HTH ....

Peter Alspach