[R] A simple simulation question

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu Jul 12 15:33:11 CEST 2012

Hi Manning,

There are two obvious mistakes:
- close the brackets for replicate() and
- do the things in the correct order

replicate(100, {
     x=rep(1:10,10)   ## first define x
     y=rnorm(100,x,5)  ## and then y because it depends on x
     plot(y~x)      ## then plot, because it depends on x and y
     abline(lm(y~x))  ## then add the line because it depends on plot()
     })  ## don't forget the last bracket

Now it seems to work!
HTH,
Ivan