[R] The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:stats’

David dave87dixon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:59:54 CEST 2012

My apologies in advance as this seem like an easy thing to fix.

I am quite new to using R. I am doing my thesis at the moment and I am
trying to use the extremes package. However, when I try to access it I get

The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:stats’:
> library( extRemes)
Attaching package: ‘extRemes’
The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:stats’:
qqnorm, qqplot

I looked back on some of the older post about this problem. Apparently it
has something to do with the order of the packages.

> search()
 [1] ".GlobalEnv"        "package:extRemes"  "package:Lmoments"
"package:ismev"     "package:tcltk"     "package:stats"
"package:graphics"  "package:grDevices"
 [9] "package:utils"     "package:datasets"  "package:methods"   "Autoloads"
"package:base"
> attach(stats)
Error in attach(stats) : object 'stats' not found

However, I still could not get it working.

Thanks for any help in advance
David