[R] Need HELP: how find and use a csv file?

mlell08 mlell08 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:51:02 CEST 2012

On 10.07.2012 20:11, Faradj Koliev wrote:
> However, when i enter:    skatter.csv<-read.csv("skatter.csv", header=TRUE) i get this message:
> Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> In file(file, "rt") :
> I have tried with:   skatter.csv<-file.choose() and other codes to find the file but it does not work.

Could it be a problem with your Working directory? use getwd() to find
out whether your working directory is set to your Desktop where your
file seems to be and use setwd("/Path/to/Desktop") to go there if you
aren't. Then you can use read.csv() without an absolute path for your
file as you did above

Regards, Moritz

--
GnuPG Key: 0x7340821E