[R] linearHypothesis and factors

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jul 9 15:14:23 CEST 2012

Dear Alex,

As explained in ?linearHypothesis, you can use matchCoefs() in the second argument:

    linearHypothesis(reg, matchCoefs(reg, "year") , vcov=vcovHC(reg, "HC1"))

In addition, you can set the argument white.adjust="hc1" as an alternative to using the vcov argument. Finally, in this case it would be simpler to just use Anova(), also with white.adjust="hc1".

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Sen. William McMaster Prof. of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/