[R] Grouped regression

SKrishna madzientist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:55:42 CEST 2012

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

> Sex[120:144]<-factor(TG) #Renaming some males to transgender, to
> create 3 groups, male, female and transgender

Sorry, that should have been

Sex[120:144]<-factor('TG')

The original line did not have the quotes.

>I'm getting the sense that this is homework. You offer no information
>about you business or academic affiliations and appear not to have
>read the Posting Guide. Also setting up regressions is covered in the
>"Introduction to R" which you are requested to have reviewed before
>asking questions on Rhelp. Section 11 would be particularly relevant
>here.

No, it is not homework, I just used the cats dataset to produce a working
example, as the Posting Guide suggests. I did not get the information I was
looking for (how to create a subset regression where the slope and/or
intercept for some factors were constrained to be the same) from the
"Introduction to R" which I did look at (along with searching the archives
of R-help and doing  a general Google search and going through the first 100
or so results and looking at Julian Faraway's book on Regression Analysis as
well as some material from John Fox...

Very best, Suresh