[R] How to import SAS data in R?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jul 6 20:36:04 CEST 2012

On Jul 6, 2012, at 1:39 PM, C W wrote:

> Quick question, what the memory size in R?
> I converted to CSV, but only 53300 of the 1,000,000 rows were read
> in.  Did
> R run out of memory?  If so, is there a work around?

You probably have mismatched quotes. Consider using quote="". Also
consider doing this:

table(count.fields(file-name)) # with a valid file name

That count.fields function is very useful since it accepts the same
arguments as the read.tables functions, with defaults of:

  quote = "\"'", skip = 0, blank.lines.skip = TRUE, comment.char = "#")

--
David.