[R] reshape2 errors on data frame

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 5 20:23:00 CEST 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) wrote:

> The melt syntax you provided in a previous email runs without error on the
> data that you just supplied.  So, your comment that "dput() doesn't want
> to cooperate" suggests that maybe there is a problem with your waterchem
> data frame.  Maybe someone else will have more insight into the problem.

Dan,

   Huh! Isn't that interesting? I'll re-read the data into a data frame and
see if that makes a difference.

   I wonder if the issue is with the logical columns; I've not used them
before, only dates, factors, and numerals. I'll try without the logicals and
see if there's a difference.

Thanks for the insight,

Rich