[R] empty cell when running GEE for binary data

Yue yuecui2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:29:58 CEST 2012

Hi all,

My data are binary and within-subject correlated; there are three factors of
interest and two of them are within-subject. So, I have considered modelling
the data using a binomial regression with a GEE approach (which can be
achieved using the function geeglm). One problem is that I got some empty
cells, so I can't simply use logit as a link function. I was wondering if
you know any existing R solution for this?

also, I tired to use "cauchit" as the link function, but it turned out that
within the function geeglm "cauchit" is not available. Any idea on this?

Many thanks!
Yue