[R] Quantitative analysis of treatment effects

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Mon Jul 2 12:37:23 CEST 2012

Hello!

I need to analyse a biological study. The study design is rather simple. It
includes 3 groups. 1 control group
and 2 test groups. The two test groups are treated with the same drug but
different doses. Each group has
approximately 14 observations and I look at around 600 variables. I already
used an one way ANOVA to
determine the significant hits between the groups. However, I now want to
know if there is a quantitative
effect between the treatment doses. In other words, is the treatment effect
(the difference between the control
group and a test group) bigger when you use a lower or a higher dose of the
same drug. I also need to include
1 or 2 co-variates in the analysis.

Unfortunately, I do not know if there is a statistical test/technique in R
which I can use to answer this question.
Any advise is very much appreciated.

syrvn